My Anxiety

b u s y  Anxiety. Our health and healing can feeling like a full time job. I sometimes get frustrated when my anxiety escalates as I feel like I should be "past that" by now. It's not a mindset that helps the situation but it's a human one. Over the years, I'm accumulated a ton of 'tools in my toolbelt' to manage my health and anxiety; but even so, sometimes it is still tough.  I was once told that anxiety is like a person at a hotel counter ringing the bell, trying to get our attention. This...Having anxiety that is out of control is something that is so hard to explain and so hard to understand if you too do not suffer from it.  I can't tell you how many times today I had to take deep breaths and remind myself that I am ok.  I can't tell you how many times my pulse started to race and I had to concentrate to will myself not to cry.  I can't tell you how many times I was too easily frustrated and impatient with others because I was having trouble handling myself.  I can't tell you how many times I wished I were somewhere else.  I can't tell you how many times I wished I were by myself because then I don't have to answer or speak to anyone about these tense feelings inside.  I can't tell you because they were too numerous to count.  I lost track.  I have survived another day without a major meltdown and I am ready to go to bed so I can forget about the turmoil in my brain, the pressure in my chest and the racing in my heart.  The thing is, I can't go to bed yet because there are lunches to pack, jammies to zip and laundry to do.  I can't just check out because there are people depending on me day in and day out and I have to be strong for them.  It is hard to be strong all the time.  This is my reality and so many others out there.  Know that I understand.  I understand all to well and I am here praying for you and supporting you through each and every day.  I am part of your tribe and I get it.  Breathe deep.  You've got this.


Comments

  1. Hello Amy. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in the family and encouraging and inspiriting others while struggling with Anxiety. I am encouraged to go through your blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I HAVE been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts