Hispanic Snack Foods Section


We've all seen the section in the grocery store filled with foods that look a little different than the regular.  The colors are super bright and always attract my attention and then I see that the labels are in Spanish and I immediately walk away.  Why? Well, I don't know why exactly.  It's not like I am not allowed to buy or eat these snacks.  Granted, I don't know what I'm getting necessarily, but I'm still ALLOWED to try something new.
So the kids went with Jon to the store and picked out some new cookies to try.  The cookies came from the Spanish snacks section and the box looked like this:

Jon thought that the kids were going to hate them and he was going to end up throwing them away and it would be so funny for him.  Well, jokes on him cause this box of cookies is the bomb and I'm here to tell you lots of good things about this purchase.

1.  They must have been cheap cause Jon wouldn't have taken the risk, especially if he was thinking we would end up throwing almost a full box away.
2.  Notice there are 6 packages.  I thought this meant 6 cookies, which seems a bit closer on the price point BUT it is 6 packages of 8 cookies.  Do the math.  We got 48 cookies in here people!
3.  It is a strawberry shortbread cookie with vanilla and strawberry flavored marshmallows on top and sprinkled with coconut flakes.  I hate coconut flakes but this cookie has so many textures I don't even care about the coconut flakes!  There is crispy wafer cookie and marshmallowy gooey-ness with a crunch of coconut on top.  These things are DELICIOUS.

These are not low carb, sugar free, gluten free blah blah blah, but they are so stinking good and just the right size for small hands.  I'm highly recommending that you take the risk and try some snacks from the Hispanic foods section and get loving something new today!! 
Oh but don't be disappointed, there are not actual strawberry gel smiley faces on the cookies, that is just to make the box more fun I presume?  Yum Yum Yummy we have a new favorite!

Comments

Popular Posts