Summertime Itch


  

Nope I'm not talking about poison ivy or anything gross here.  I am talking about this morning when I woke my daughter up and she said, "Mom I just don't feel like going to school today.  I just want to lay in bed a little longer."  Each day since Spring Break has been this way for her...and for me!
I know that the itch for summer break happens quickly, warp speed really.  I am an educator so I have the same itch that she has and today I told her so.  I asked her if she thought that her teacher wanted the extra time in bed today?  She said she wasn't sure.  I told her that I could assure her that her teacher is ready for the hard earned summer break as well, as are all of us teachers and those who work in the school system.  The school year feels so long after spring break is over and the weather starts to get warmer and the sun is shining.  Everyone can think of a zillion other things they would rather be doing.  I can't wait for travelling time and pool time and sandals and shorts.  I am excited to put my feet into the creek and and get a tan and work up a sweat.  I am pumped to watch the flowers grow and each fresh fruits and veggies from my garden.  I will take advantage of sleeping in on some days and staying up late on others and I just can't wait to eat corn on the cob and have watermelon a few times a week, just because it is summer time food.

Just for fun, enjoy some of these summer time inspirations and keep your heads up, summer time is just around the bend.  Cheers!

RICE SS16 Magalogue by RiceChaco Tan Line Bumper Sticker Explore Bumper by adriennelanger

summer womens fashion pin# 8459637633 #summerwomensfashion

Yesssss...



Comments

Popular Posts